Your purchase of an Upinngil CSA share helps support our small, highly diversified family farm. Your upfront commitment and financial support early in the season makes what we do possible. In exchange, we are thoroughly committed to providing you with a season’s worth of healthy, delicious, sustainably-produced, and affordable food.
Here’s how our CSA share works:
- Come by and visit the farm as often as you can, pick out whatever produce you like. Select your items from the PRODUCE screen in the check-out kiosk and swipe your CSA card. It will display your remaining balance.
- Your share can be as large or small as you like, customizable to meet the needs of your family. The minimum share size is $200 for a $250 value. This 25% bonus value can be applied to any amount you choose. For a 4 person family visiting once a week, we recommend a $400 share size (a $500 value).
- You may begin using your share immediately. Throughout the season we regularly post updates to our website and send out e-newsletters when new crops become available. If you still have a balance come Christmas, Upinngil’s own handmade 100% natural wreaths and swags are a great way to close out the season.
- CSA Shares can only be used to purchase produce, not other types of goods from the Farm Store. Shares must be purchased no later than June 1st. Shares expire December 31, 2018.
To get signed up fill out this SIGN UP SHEET, bring it to the farm store and ring the bell on top of the money box. A staff person will load your card and give you a tutorial on how to use it.
Our farm is wide open to visitors 8am-7pm every day of the year. Every time you visit there is something new to see. Take a walk out back to visit the cows or see the spectacular view from the hilltop. Wander the market garden, pick your own fresh sugar snap peas, or poke your nose in the greenhouse and bask in the warmth. See if there is a newborn calf in the barn. Pick raspberries in the backyard and watch the chickens hard at work. Ask us questions, we all love to talk about what we do.
Upinngil Crops for 2018:
- Year round: Salad Mix
- By June: Strawberries, Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas, Bok Choy, Napa Cabbage, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Radishes, Salad Turnips, Herbs, Cut Flowers, Shiitake Mushrooms.
- By July: Sweet Corn, Tomatoes, Peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots, Swiss Chard, Kale.
- By August: Garlic, Husk Cherries, Muskmelons, Cantaloupe, Watermelons, Peaches.
- By September: Fall Raspberries, Potatoes, Winter Squash, Broccoli, Cabbage, Leeks.
- By October: Pumpkins, Decorative Corn, Popcorn.
Additional Locally-grown Crops for 2018:
- By May: Plants and Flowers, Straw.
- By June: Rhubarb.
- By July: Cabbage, Beets, Broccoli, Green Beans, Blueberries.
- By August: Onions, Garlic, Eggplant, Apples, Pears, Peaches.
- By September: Sweet Potatoes.
For the print version of this page: CSA FLIER 2018.