2017 CSA Shares now available for purchase
Purchasing an Upinngil CSA share helps support our small, diversified family farm. Your upfront commitment and financial support early in the season makes what we do possible. In exchange, we are thoroughly committed to providing you with season's worth of healthy, delicious sustainably-produced, and affordable food.
As a CSA member you will have your pick of any and all fresh produce sold on our Farm Stand whenever you drop by all season. Our Farm Stand offers a wide variety of vegetables, fruits and flowers grown by ourselves and numerous other small local farmers. Also use your CSA Share to enjoy Pick-Your-Own Strawberries, Sugar Snap Peas, Raspberries, Herbs, and Cut Flowers. CSA Shares can only be used to purchase produce, not other types of goods from the Farm Store.
2017 Farm Stand CSA Highlights:
- A swipe-able Upinngil card: When you purchase your CSA share you will receive a card with your balance loaded on the card. Simply pick out your produce, bring it to the check-out kiosk, enter your items, and swipe your card. Your transaction will be automatically recorded and your remaining balance will be displayed.
- Flexible buy-in options: Rather than a fixed CSA share amounts, when you purchase your share this winter you can select an amount that best suits your budget and family size starting at $200 (see the chart on the sign-up form for recommended share sizes).
- 20% Discount: No matter what amount you decide to load on your Upinngil CSA card you will receive a 20% discount in exchange for your early commitment and deposit.
- More Produce: Every year we continue to improve our growing methods to provide a consistent offering of quality seasonal produce on the Farm Stand. And we continue to build relationships with other small local growers to provide more variety and greater consistency.
- SNAP Benefits CSA Share: For the first time, in collaboration with the new Healthy Incentives Program (HIP), Upinngil will be offering a CSA Share option for individuals and families who receive SNAP benefits. Contact the farm for details.
- Incentive for early buy-in: In order to emphasize the importance of early CSA sign-ups, we are offering a free Upinngil ceramic mug or pitcher to the first 10 households who purchase a 2017 CSA share. These mugs and pitchers are made by Upinngil's resident artist Isaac Bingham. You can see them on display in the farm store next to the cheese fridge.
Our farm is wide open to visitors 8am-7pm every day of the year. Every time you visit there is something new to see. Take a walk out back to visit the cows or see the spectacular view from the hilltop. Wander the market garden, pick your own fresh sugar snap peas, or poke your nose in the greenhouse and bask in the warmth. See if there is a newborn calf in the barn. Pick raspberries in the backyard and watch the chickens hard at work. Ask us questions, we all love to talk about what we do.
- By June: Strawberries, Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas, Salad Mix, Spinach, Bok Choy, Napa Cabbage, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Radishes, Salad Turnips, Herbs, Cut Flowers.
- By July: Sweet Corn, Tomatoes, Peppers, Cucumbers, Beets, Carrots, Swiss Chard, Kale.
- By August: Garlic, Husk Cherries, Summer Salad Mix, Muskmelons, Cantaloupe, Watermelons, Peaches, New Potatoes.
- By September: Fall Raspberries, Potatoes, Winter Squash, Broccoli, Cabbage, Brussel Sprouts.
- By October: Parsnips, Pumpkins, Decorative Corn, Popcorn.
- By June: Rhubarb.
- By July: Cabbage, Broccoli, Green Beans, Blueberries, Sweet Corn.
- By August: Onions, Garlic, Eggplant, Apples, Pears, Peaches.
- By September: Sweet Potatoes, Cider.